So far spring break has been very productive. I have got alot done despite still having a lot to do. Monday was a rough day. Tuesday started out rough, but ended up just fine. I spent my whole Monday doing nothing but laying on the couch sleeping. I felt sick, my back hurt.. just blah all over. If there was ever a day I was more than ready to have Eli it would've been Monday. The nursery is almost finished. I have a couple pictures to hang and a wall decal to go above his crib. After that everything is all finished up and I will post the completed pictures. :) I keep walking in his room looking at all the work Matt and I have put into getting it ready for him. Cute room with no 'monkey' in it :( I am ready to see Eli sleeping in his crib, playing with his toys, swinging in his swing. For the most part everything is as ready as it can be for his arrival. I have been nesting like a mad woman for the past few weeks. Now if he will just decide he is ready!! Time to relax, enjoy the last couple of weeks of it being just me and Matt, and wait impatiently.
This weeks to do list:
clean carpets
wash all of Eli's clothing
wash bedding
complete my last two weeks of lesson plans
take care of bills
pack Eli's bags
- pack my bags
- clean car
- complete four weeks of maternity leave plans
- find Eli some insurance (spent yesterday calling around to a couple of places.. almost can cross off)
- Sanitize bottles/ pacifiers
- File taxes
- Break Jackson from pee pads
So I have pretty much gotten every single bit of housework finished that could be done as well as all carpets cleaned. Friday after doctors appointment I hope to find a couple of 'cute' gowns so I can pack my bags for the hospital. I have started on my four weeks of lesson planning for my maternity leave. Will sanitize bottles/pacifiers tonight. File taxes Friday before heading to the doctor. Hopefully I will get Matt to clean my car out Thursday. I figured while I was home this week I would break Jackson from his pee pads. So far it hasn't been so bad. I've been home everyday, practically all day and so I am able to take him out periodically. He has only had a couple of accidents. I hate the pee pads and I hope I can get this whipped this week.
2 days down.......Starting on day 3...... only 4 days left. ---I think I can get this to do list finished before heading back to work Monday!
Update on mother-in-law-- Surgery went well Monday. It was very quick and the doctors didn't have to do as much as they expected to do. Hopefully she will get to come home tomorrow (Thursday) She has been up walking everyday and going to physical therapy. They are hoping recovery won't take as long as expected. She is still in pain and probably will be for a while. Continue to keep her in your prayers. I know she is working hard to get up to par for Eli. She is tough and motivated. I have faith that by the time he gets here she will be able to come to the hopsital and see the arrival of her first grandchild!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment