Sunday, April 17, 2011

Eli William Earnheart's Grand Arrival

April 7, 2011 I was blessed with a precious baby boy named Eli William Earnheart. He was 7lb 11 oz 19 1\2 inches long. Labor was a long process. It lasted about 13 hours and I ended up having to have a c-section. That was no fun, but the health of my baby was all that mattered and getting him into this world safely. Since he has been here I have been extremely busy. I sit down on the computer to do something and literally 5 minutes later I am up having to do something for him. He controls my life now. I have very little alone time. It gets exhausting, but all well worth it. I look at him every single day and wonder how people out there could not believe there is a God. I cry everytime I think about how God could make something so precious form in my womb and bless me with it 9 months later. It is the most awesome gift I have ever been given. I wouldn't trade it for the world. 

Matt and I spent four nights in the hospital. It was nice to be there and relax and have the help of the nurses, but we were more than ready to get home. For the most part we have a very happy baby! There has been a couple of days where we have had lots of crying due to belly aches, but gas drops have been a life saver for us!! The hardest part thus far about having a baby at home is the feeding. I dread the feedings everytime I have to give them. Poor Eli spits up and it goes through his nose and mouth. He starts crying. I want to start crying. I've tried the soy milk for a few days and things haven't changed so I went back to regular formula. Now I am trying smaller feedings more frequently to see if that may help. I hate, hate, hate the spitting up. I feel so bad for him. :(  Hopefully we will get that all figured out.

I have had lots of help since Eli has been home. Every day/night I had someone here staying with me cleaning, helping with Eli, cooking or bringing supper. It has been wonderful. This upcoming week on the other hand I have been dreading. I have spent the majority of my Sunday crying. I am going to be alone all week with Eli. I hope I am not too exhausted. I hope I can do this. I really miss Matt. I wish he had maternity leave like I did. He gets home and is exhausted. Eats and spends a little time with us and then goes right off to bed. Yesterday was our only day we were able to actually spend time together. He went fishing today with my brother in law.I was glad he got to get out and have a good time. He needed to get out. On the other hand I wish I could just have a day out today considering next week it will be me up at night everynight and tending to Eli's every need all day. It is very nice to have the company. I am not allowed to drive for four weeks so do not get to leave this house unless someone takes me somewhere.  I love when people stop by to see me and Eli and help out. Gives me a break physically and mentally so I can jump back on mommy duty :)  I am sure the first month is going to be hard. Getting adjusted to having a new baby at home. So far it has been wonderful.  I am hoping for a non exhausting week next week if that is possible. I know people say to sleep with the baby sleeps, but when he sleeps I feel like I need to be up doing things around the house. So I definitely need to start managing time a little better and resting up. That will be my goal for the week :) 



Eli loves his infant to toddler rocker

One of Eli's favorite things.. his wubbanub

Daddy and Eli at the hospital

Our first family picture



1 comment:

  1. Crystal I wish i was there to help you out... DEF sleep when baby Eli sleeps... It seems crazy, but honestly is the only way you can manage to stay energized. Jeff went back to work after we got home and it was hard... But enjoy it! Because before long you will leave him for 8 hours and you will MISS every SINGLE minute of you and baby time then you will blink and he will be wanting to run and play and not let you hold and love on him. Time Flies.. Don't sweat the small housework... Spend as much time with Eli as possible!! <3 Love You!!

    ReplyDelete