Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Eli's First Christmas

Eli's first Christmas was pretty awesome. Christmas Eve we went to Matt's grandma's for lunch. She wasn't feeling up to a big meal so we just all got together for some dessert and spent some time together. Christmas Eve night we went to my grandma's and had Christmas. By the end of the night Eli was wore out from all the activities. Christmas Day we woke up and went to the in-laws for Christmas. The weather was very nice so it wasn't so bad waking up and getting Eli out. We just woke up and wore our pj's. After Christmas with them we came home and got around and I started my cooking. We had Chritmas at my house this year which was pretty exciting. I loved having everyone over. We just did finger foods. Next year I am hoping to be able to do more than that. I am going to plan ahead hopefully. I did find it is a lot of work having people over. Lots of cleaning beforehand and lots of cleaning after everyone leaves also. Tons of trash. I think it will take us two or three weeks to finally get rid of all of the boxes that came with Eli's toys. He had such a great time though. I love having his cousins with him and playing with him. He has the best time with them. He loves other kids and loves to play with them. Best of all, it wears him out and he sleeps good that night.. ;) Which is a plus for me.  Eli got tons of clothes and toys for Christmas. I am currtenly trying to organize his closet a little better. Living in a small house is a bummer. No room to store anything. Our next investment is going to be a toy box. I am a clean freak and so it is hard for me to see all these toys laying around in the living room and his bedroom, but I am going to have to get used to this.. It's only the beginning.

I have really enjoyed Christmas break with Eli. I always thought I couldn't be a stay at home mom, but being home with him has been the best. I wouldn't trade it for anything and I really wish I had the opportunity to be home with him even more. He is so very close to crawling. He was went from rolling everywhere to doing an army crawl. I have been hoping he would do this while I have been off. I will be sad if he does it at daycare and I miss it. :(  So far my last week of vacation hasn't been spent as well as I would've liked. I have been sick all week and getting worse as the week progresses. Eli is starting to get sick also. I have started him on medicine hoping to prevent him from getting as bad as I am. I am thankful that I am sick while off of school though. It is miserable to be sick and still have to go in and do your job when you are feeling under the weather. 

While Matt was getting his haircut the other day a lady from the Bernie Banner came in and chose him to be interviewed for the paper as Neighbor of the Week. Pretty neat! So of course I have to add this into my blog tonight.  I am still adjusting to Matt's new job. It is getting easier. The hardest parts is when he is home for a while because of class and then goes back out on the job for his training. I am sure once he marks up and gets out of training and is gone alot more I will be more used to it. I miss him terribly though. Always paranoid that something is going to happen such as Eli running a high fever or getting hurt and him not being here. He is my calm and helps me think straight in stressful situations. I hate that I am unable to even communicate with him while he is working. That is one of the hardest parts, but I have a great family always checking on me and that live very close and would be here for me if I were to ever need anything! I am so thankful for that!! I am still excited to see what our future holds with this new job. Not exactly sure where we are going to end up or how it will all pan out, but what I do know is it will all work out the way it is supposed to and for the better. I am sure of that. As of now I am forseeing another year here getting business straightened out and taken care of and allowing Matt to build up his seniority in Cape. It would suck to move one place and not be able to hold a job there and get sent somewhere else. So I am thinking staying settled where we are is probably the best decision. We will see how things work out once Matt marks up and gets out of training. I know it will be hard on him having to drive to Cape in an hour and a half notice everytime he goes to work. I am so very proud of him though. He never would brag on himself, but he is in the top of his class and doing so well. He takes his job seriously and really likes it. I am very lucky to have him as my husband.



No comments:

Post a Comment